APPLICATION Testimonials & EXAMPLES
- Cobb Design Inc. (USA) - UAV Development Program
"We have been using Flight Works pumps in a government-funded, small-scale UAV development program over the last year. We are using the pumps both for the dynamometer-based engine development work and the flight test program.
The small scale of the pump has greatly aided in packaging and weight reduction. Additonally, by closed-loop controlling the pump through the ECU, we have been able to remove the pressure regulator and fuel return lines, further reducing weight and complexity in the [air vehicle], while relieving excess fuel tank heating in the small scale application.
To date, the pumps and control systems have operated flawlessly in our application and testing. Thanks for the help and prompt assistance when needed!"
Dr. W.T. Britt Cobb - Cobb Design Inc.
March 17, 2016
- Watt & Sea (France) - Hydraulic System for Racing Yacht Hydrogenerators
- Original legacy Flight Works pumps used to power hydraulics for pitch variation of patented hydrogenerator propeller on racing yachts
- Product originally developed for the Vendee Globe in 2008 (round-the-world single-handed yacht race)
- Low current consumption of pump allows for optimal power energy output from the hydrogenerator